How to use "aback" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "aback" in popular movie and book plots
- Chandler makes a toast that is not well received by the guests and Monica is taken aback when a drunken guest mistakes her for Ross's mother. - The One with Ross's Wedding
- Although Dolph is taken aback by this information, his love for Nada does not waver and he keeps the betrothal intact. - Heaven Cent
- Jaufre is taken aback at the beauty of Augier's daughter. - Jaufre
- Taken aback by the sheer destruction in Gotham City, he begins helping victims trapped under a collapsed highway as soon as he gets ashore. - Batman: Cataclysm
- While he is initially taken aback by the idea, he agrees thinking that it might comfort and restore Oshin's mind. - Oshin
- Linda, taken aback by his comment, embraces Erik, explaining that he was the happiest thing in Dexter's difficult life. - The Cure (1995 film)
- She is taken aback by his difficult nature, but reaches out to him anyway. - The Secret Garden (1993 film)
- Both are taken aback to see the tomb empty. - John Carter (film)
- Sam, meanwhile, is taken aback by how great Barbara looks with her weight loss. - Ruthless People
- Although her brother seems to be somewhat taken aback ("I saw him at the sawmill yesterday. - Ode to Billie Joe
- He is taken aback when Alec is not at the harbour. - Maurice (novel)
- George, not knowing about Robert's plans, is taken aback and heartbroken, and after the party the two split up. - The Object of My Affection
- David is taken aback and asks Georgia to wait a moment. - Only When I Laugh (film)
- While he initially pities Charlotte, believing her to be settling in her life, he's taken aback by her contempt for his initial condescension. - Now, Voyager
- Charlie is taken aback and does not know if Slade is serious. - Scent of a Woman (1992 film)
- Though Kathy seems to have liberal views, when he reveals what he intends to do, she is taken aback and asks if he actually is Jewish. - Gentleman's Agreement
Meaning of "aback" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "aback" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "aback" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "aback"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word aback below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.