How to use "abbess" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "abbess" in popular movie and book plots
- The head of the convent order is abbess Ignatz. - Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
- Her abbess treats her nicely but when she dies and another takes her place, Suzanne considers breaking her vows. - The Nun (2013 film)
- Houston travels to the Yamdring monastery, finds his way to the abbess and makes a perilous escape with her. - The Rose of Tibet
- A porter finds the girl and names her Le Fresne (modern French frêne, "ash tree"), and gives her to a gentle abbess to raise. - Le Fresne (lai)
- Another newcomer is Gwynn, the young, illegitimate son of the abbess Elidan. - In Winter's Shadow
- Father Henry, the abbot, and his servant Richard are summoned by the convent's abbess to help with the hysteria spreading among the order. - Sacred Flesh
- Juliette and Justine lived in a nunnery, where the abbess of the nunnery corrupted Juliette (and attempted to corrupt Justine too). - Justine (de Sade novel)
Meaning of "abbess" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "abbess" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "abbess" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "abbess"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word abbess below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.