How to use "abhor" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "abhor" in popular movie and book plots
- This leads him to abhor violence. - Oblivion (1994 film)
- The final scene finds Piotr sitting in his car in the countryside, repeating in anguish, "I abhor it, I abhor it". - Dekalog: Five
- Jocelyn hardly loves Ralph - indeed, she seems to abhor him. - To Have and to Hold
- Though extremely wealthy, Savarone Fontini-Cristi has grown to abhor the Fascist regime of Il Duce, Benito Mussolini. - The Gemini Contenders
- Lily grew up surrounded by elegance and luxury—an atmosphere she cannot live without as she has learned to abhor "dinginess". - The House of Mirth
Meaning of "abhor" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "abhor" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "abhor" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "abhor"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word abhor below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.