How to use "abide" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "abide" in popular movie and book plots
- Shortly after Bugs walks away, lamenting how he can't abide a dishonest police officer, Elmer calls out: "Oh, Judge, wiww you mawwy me. - Bugs' Bonnets
- The Griffins are outraged by this, but Joe has no other choice but to abide his request now that Woods has stolen Peter's identity. - Back to the Woods (Family Guy)
- Into this tight-knit community a stranger (Deacon) strays, refusing to abide by its self-serving code. - Dark River (1990 film)
- Eventually, her mind gives way, and she can no longer abide to live with Whip. - The Hawaiians (film)
- Imai tries to get his old friend to leave as he is now the boss of his own family and has to abide by the yakuza ban. - Graveyard of Honor (1975 film)
- Yuinne chooses to not abide by these rules and to only eat creatures that died of natural causes. - Glass Wings
- Giuseppe informs Pasquale; they both agree to abide by the note and not to divulge the truth. - Shoeshine (film)
- He cannot abide that he, at approximate age 50, is in a relationship with a teenager. - Breezy
- When Zach becomes distraught, Noah mocks Zach for being weak and tells him he is disinheriting him as he can't abide weakness. - Remember (Desperate Housewives)
- Rather than abide by the laws of the Cenobite realm, he will indiscriminately wreak havoc on Earth for his own pleasure. - Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth
- Eventually he realizes that his destiny is not being chosen by him but by God and ultimately, he decides to abide by his own desires and will. - The Fifth Mountain
- The killer is Palmer's other boyfriend, Sam Wilde (Lawrence Tierney), an insanely jealous man who won't abide anyone "cutting in" on him. - Born to Kill (1947 film)
- Her father, Professor Roth (Frank Morgan), does not abide by the attitude of the new order towards scientific fact. - The Mortal Storm
- Pierre's wife, Hélène, begs him to take her back, and trying to abide by the Freemason laws of forgiveness, he agrees. - War and Peace
- Heaven and Hell strictly abide by an agreement to work through contracts and never kill each other. - Oh My Goddess!
- They are attracted to each other, but Croft cannot abide his for-profit attitude. - Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
Meaning of "abide" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "abide" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "abide" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "abide"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word abide below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.