How to use "able" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "able" in popular movie and book plots
- While they were able to recreate the ship from the broadcast episodes, the Thermians have no idea how to pilot it. - Galaxy Quest
- Hayashida describes Godzilla as a living, invincible nuclear weapon able to cause mass destruction. - The Return of Godzilla
- While Interpol distracts Titanosaurus with the supersonic wave oscillator, Godzilla is able to focus on attacking Mechagodzilla 2. - Terror of Mechagodzilla
- Aki has a vision of the Phantom home planet, where she is able to receive the eighth spirit from the alien particles in herself. - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
- The boat sustains heavy damage, but is eventually able to safely surface in darkness. - Das Boot
- With the corruption of Diablo's soulstone, the demon is able to control the Dark Wanderer. - Diablo II
- Renfield is able to detect Dracula's presence and supplies clues accordingly. - Dracula
- As his adventure proceeds from here, Serge is able to recruit a multitude of allies to his cause. - Chrono Cross
- He is still able to have sexual intercourse but is sterile due to an infection caught in Burma. - The Cider House Rules
- Julie strokes his hair, finally able to tell him that she loved him. - Carousel (musical)
- In some works, the protagonist is able to reach out and help others after having achieved maturity. - Bildungsroman
- Fortunately, Garibaldi is able to help free Sheridan and return him to the campaign to free Earth. - Babylon 5
- Ivy is then able to contact Robin once more, she kisses him but fails to kill him due to Robin wearing rubber lips. - Batman & Robin (film)
- She initially rebukes his claims, but is convinced that he is right when he is able to describe a recurring dream of hers in detail. - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (film)
- By offering to isolate her in Senex's house, he is able to give Philia and Hero some time alone together, and the two fall in love. - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
- During this time, the men are able to adequately feed themselves, unlike the near-starvation conditions in the German trenches. - All Quiet on the Western Front
Meaning of "able" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "able" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "able" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "able"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word able below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.