How to use "abolish" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "abolish" in popular movie and book plots
- The aide dies in his granddaughter’s arms after she promises to heal the prince and help abolish slavery in their country. - Adimaippenn
- In an attempt to abolish bribery and corruption, he legalizes them so that they are not illegal anymore. - Muhammad bin Tughluq (film)
- Lincoln marries Mary and begins his political career, campaigning to abolish slavery. - Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
- Michael insists that the path remains closed and explains that the purpose of the school is to abolish such ancestral beliefs. - Dead Men's Path
- Mahebu and other villages are forced to abolish the custom of keeping the heads they have hunted. - Warriors of the Rainbow: Seediq Bale
- The Dean tries to engineer a revolution and abolish the post of Master, but is masterfully "shafted" as Gilbert, the Master, puts it. - High Table, Lower Orders
- He confronts the Sheriff at the Council and suggests that he abolish taxes, though the Sheriff bites back. - Will You Tolerate This?
- Their situation leaves Suryam disturbed, and he vows to abolish liquor in Ramapuram. - Rudraveena (film)
- The film is about a common man who decides to abolish corruption altogether in the society at various levels. - Tagore (film)
- He wants to abolish slavery for both humans and dragons. - How to Train Your Dragon
- Proxmire has come up with a scheme to abolish such money-wasters (as Proxmire views them) as space travel. - The Return of William Proxmire
- Hercules, Theseus, and the Amazons manage to convince Thebes to abolish the Harvest Festival and other barbaric rites. - Hercules (miniseries)
- (Bender's Animal Robot Front), culminating in attempts to legally abolish the injustice against robotic animals. - 31st Century Fox
- Soon after, the Governor issues a message to the citizens to abolish their government's injustice, torture, and executions. - Vengeance on Varos
- When Chulalongkorn is crowned, his first act is to abolish the prostration, so that everyone can respect each other and work together. - Anna and the King of Siam (film)
- Following this, the king becomes extremely bitter against slavery and vows to abolish it when they get free, much to Hank's delight. - A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
Meaning of "abolish" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "abolish" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "abolish" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "abolish"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word abolish below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.