How to use "abolitionist" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "abolitionist" in popular movie and book plots
- Ben, a rebellious young African American, mysteriously becomes trapped in the past with abolitionist Harriet Tubman. - The Quest for Freedom
- Henry, nicknamed "Little Onion" for eating a particularly rancid onion, accidentally encounters abolitionist John Brown in a tavern. - The Good Lord Bird
- Set in the nineteenth-century, the film depicts the real-life story of British actress and abolitionist Fanny Kemble. - Enslavement: The True Story of Fanny Kemble
- Beech also arouses the ire of militant abolitionist Jee Hagadorn, whose daughter Esther (Lucy Boynton) loves Jeff. - Copperhead (2013 film)
- The memoir describes his role in the abolitionist movement, and the mystery surrounding details of his death and burial. - 12 Years a Slave (film)
- Cole was a follower of abolitionist John Brown's, and with Brown's other supporters, killed anyone who owned slaves. - Jamais Je Ne T'oublierai
- He constantly leaves her to go "lecture" on the abolitionist circuit. - Our Nig
- An abolitionist in the South, Shawnessey cannot fit in and they return to Freehaven in Raintree County before the outbreak of the Civil War. - Raintree County (film)
- Clotee is discovered by Mr Harms, the tutor, who is actually an abolitionist working to help slaves escape via the Underground Railroad. - A Picture of Freedom
- Lindau lost his hand in a Civil War battle, fighting for the North because he was a strong abolitionist and an idealistic American immigrant. - A Hazard of New Fortunes
- The book's main character is Eulalia, a young daughter of an abolitionist from New England and the wife of a plantation owner named Moreland. - The Planter's Northern Bride
- They want her to write a series of abolitionist Declarations calling for rebellion. - Cloud Atlas (novel)
- He visits his family there, where he meets the abolitionist Frederick Douglass, a former slave. - Glory (1989 film)
Meaning of "abolitionist" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "abolitionist" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "abolitionist" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "abolitionist"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word abolitionist below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.