How to use "abortive" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "abortive" in popular movie and book plots
- After an abortive attempt to sell Brady's dope-growing system to one of Brady's former rivals, Bill is shot through the chest by a crossbow. - Leaves of Grass (film)
- That night, after an abortive attempt by Andrew to seduce Donald, close to the Fisher home, a fire breaks out inside their barn. - On the Other Hand, Death
- After an abortive attempt to elope with Touchwood Junior, Moll is guarded at home. - A Chaste Maid in Cheapside
- The story begins ten years after the abortive Martian invasion of Earth, with bodies being washed up on the banks of the river Thames. - Scarlet Traces
- This leads to an abortive tryst, which Saxon abruptly calls off. - Chasing Sleep
- In the add-on's plot, the Tiger's Claw, on maneuvers in the Goddard System, receives an abortive distress call from Goddard colony. - Wing Commander (video game)
- He makes an abortive attempt to return the Church to New Rome by sending a mission of Nomads and Cardinals east. - Saint Leibowitz and the Wild Horse Woman
- After an abortive error involving friendly fire, Sisko lands on the planet and begins to assess the situation. - The Siege of AR-558
- She begins to drift away into her own life, leading Cat to an abortive affair with Ann (Diana Muldaur). - Number One (1969 film)
- On the other side are a group of Friendlies who had been misled into supporting an abortive local revolution. - Soldier, Ask Not
- In this abortive action, most of his friends perish while Kammerer himself barely escapes annihilation in retaliatory nuclear blasts. - Prisoners of Power
- Shortly afterward, the Yeti advance in an abortive attack on the monastery, during which one of them is overpowered and rendered dormant. - The Abominable Snowmen
- Superman encounters Ferro Lad, who would later make an abortive attempt to destroy the Sun-Eater. - The Final Night
- After the abortive uprising, Oliphant and Sybil Gerard meet at a cafe in Paris. - The Difference Engine
- In 1943, Beck planned two abortive attempts to kill Hitler by means of a bomb. - Ludwig Beck
- 18 months ago for her involvement in an abortive workers' strike. - An Inspector Calls
Meaning of "abortive" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "abortive" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "abortive" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "abortive"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word abortive below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.