How to use "abruptly" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "abruptly" in popular movie and book plots
- Before leaving, Jim tries to call Judy at her home, but the call is intercepted by her father who abruptly hangs up. - Rebel Without a Cause
- Valmont abruptly dismisses Tourvel with a terse excuse: "It is beyond my control". - Dangerous Liaisons
- Batista abruptly abdicates due to rebel advances; during the ensuing chaos, Michael, Fredo, and Roth separately escape to the United States. - The Godfather Part II
- He meets the camera crew to say farewell, but in the middle of reciting a poem he is abruptly shot dead by an off-camera gunman. - Man Bites Dog (film)
- As he thrusts the foil and advances, the background abruptly disappears, leaving a plain white screen. - Duck Amuck
- The film then jumps abruptly to war-torn Vietnam, whereS. - The Deer Hunter
- Stavros realizes that such a marriage would mean the end of his American dream and adamantly refuses, abruptly leaving the angry cousin. - America America
- Joan abruptly wakes from her trance, and is rescued by Stevens. - Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
- Richie then murders a woman at a traffic stop because she abruptly tells him to move the car. - Out for Justice
- Jake abruptly leaves school and finds a key in a littered vacant lot where grows a single red rose. - The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands
- The two are taken from the torturer's chamber shortly thereafter, as the King has abruptly taken ill and appears to be dying. - Inversions (novel)
- A modern-day historian, describing the Arthurian legends, is abruptly killed by a knight on horseback, triggering a police investigation. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- The sketch abruptly cuts to a historian in a television studio talking about the Vikings. - Spam (Monty Python)
- In a desperate moment, Huck is forced to hide the money in Wilks's coffin, which is abruptly buried the next morning. - Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- Carmilla and Laura grow to be very close friends, but occasionally Carmilla's mood abruptly changes. - Carmilla
- Vornoff abruptly ends the conversation by hypnotically placing Janet back to sleep. - Bride of the Monster
Meaning of "abruptly" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "abruptly" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "abruptly" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "abruptly"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word abruptly below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.