How to use "abstain" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "abstain" in popular movie and book plots
- Shuuichi encourages the students to abstain from voting, meaning execution but also the end of the game. - Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
- As a result, he has to abstain from any physical activity. - The Winner (2014 film)
- Fred later convinces Mindy to take both pills despite her Catholic values to abstain from all forms of contraception. - The Pill (film)
- Margaret demands that Carrie abstain from showering with the others. - Carrie (2013 film)
- He tries many times to abstain from alcohol but does not succeed until after the death of his two wives. - Franklin Evans
- The wives conspire to abstain from relations with their husbands, reasoning if no babies are born, no midwife is needed. - Jessica (film)
- Citizens abstain from sex to save themselves for bank "deposits," while a local brothel protests the sperm bank for ruining its business. - Frozen Assets (film)
- As a result, Kyle and Stan suggest that they permanently abstain from using cat urine. - Major Boobage
- They have both been advised by the god Krishna to live in harmony and abstain from the bloody lust for power. - The Mahabharata (1989 film)
- The subsequent discussion reveals that Luis de Ayala has apparently resolved to abstain from politics despite invitations to resume his post. - The Fencing Master
- mr Winfield suffers from an ocular ailment and must abstain from reading and writing. - Lavender and Old Lace
- He also expresses his wish that the FO abstain from voting on an upcoming United Nations motion condemning the State of Israel. - A Victory for Democracy
- He contracts a fever and his doctor tells him that to heal he must abstain from smoking. - Zeno's Conscience
- This time he tries to abstain from alcohol. - Pollock (film)
Meaning of "abstain" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "abstain" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "abstain" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "abstain"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word abstain below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.