How to use "absurd" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "absurd" in popular movie and book plots
- She addresses the audience, makes an absurd statement, then usually laughs and says that it is untrue. - Quints
- This is the "triangle" that everyone observes, and it gets rather absurd with the two men vying for Valentine's favour. - Murder in the Mews
- As absurd as this suggestion sounded, the learned man eventually agreed and together they took the trip, the shadow now as his master. - The Shadow (fairy tale)
- Interestingly enough, an absurd reward of $100,000,000 is offered to anyone who can successfully reach the end of the park. - Illbleed
- The shorts cover various topics such as searching for Santa, mustache growing, pizza eating, and other absurd situations. - Stella (U.S. TV series)
- After building an alliance with Schwonder, the former canine is granted papers under the absurd name "Poligraf Poligrafovich Sharikov". - Heart of a Dog
- Stanhope states that such a plan is absurd and that the General and his staff merely want this so their dinner will not be delayed. - Journey's End
- After the conversing people laugh at this apparently absurd idea, Leo becomes determined to do just that. - Dandelion Wine
- This bold statement by Euripides is the absurd premise upon which the whole play depends. - Thesmophoriazusae
- Čapek describes this war in a self-consciously absurd manner. - The Absolute at Large
- From there Chichikov begins again to go from estate to estate, encountering eccentric and absurd characters all along the way. - Dead Souls
- too absurd – too soon – to think of, by far. - Far from the Madding Crowd
- Pegasus finds the claims of his involvement absurd and warns English not to involve Sauvage. - Johnny English
- Marthe and Ludovic discuss their own relationship and decide that it is absurd to keep it platonic. - Cousin Cousine
- The characters are called the Anthographers, Fabricators of useless objects, Scienters, Nibblists, Clarificators, and other absurd titles. - A Night of Serious Drinking
- Soon mrs Rittenhouse and mrs Whitehead arrive and the four proceed to play a absurd variation on Bridge. - Animal Crackers (1930 film)
Meaning of "absurd" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "absurd" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "absurd" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "absurd"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word absurd below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.