How to use "acknowledge" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "acknowledge" in popular movie and book plots
- As they tearfully acknowledge the passage, Nola fades away as Kevin's wife enters the lab. - Her Pilgrim Soul
- Harry, meanwhile, is forced to acknowledge that his friends have deceived and manipulated him. - Twilight (1998 film)
- Apparently, Church authorities are trying to modernize and do not want to acknowledge that Satan actually exists. - Exorcist II: The Heretic
- Ashamed, the townspeople acknowledge the error of their decision ("Bum Biddy"). - Eight Crazy Nights
- It has an aura about it that makes everyone acknowledge that it is sacred, but it is frightening as well. - To a God Unknown
- Although Jane and Queen are half-sisters, the family does not acknowledge that relationship (because of Queen's status as a slave). - Alex Haley's Queen
- At the start of season eight, Tony and Angela finally acknowledge their love for each other. - Who's the Boss?
- Boy and Jack Frost acknowledge their feelings for each other and begin a brief relationship. - The Invisibles
- Afterward, both Siddhartha and Govinda acknowledge the elegance of the Buddha's teachings. - Siddhartha (novel)
- Susan tries to protect him from the influence of the music; though she does not acknowledge it, she has developed feelings for him. - Soul Music (novel)
- When he tries to confront her, Adèle does not acknowledge or recognize him. - The Story of Adele H.
- As time passes, however, they acknowledge that they have developed feelings for each other. - In the Mood for Love
- "Important" potential suitors acknowledge that Polly is very beautiful, but find her cold and aloof. - Love in a Cold Climate
- Kirsten refuses to admit she's an alcoholic, but does acknowledge that without alcohol, she "can't get over how dirty everything looks". - Days of Wine and Roses (film)
- Martin still does not want to publicly acknowledge his affair with Georgie, let alone become engaged to her. - A Severed Head
- Exhausted and with no hope of survival, they acknowledge the futility of their distrust and share a bottle of scotch. - The Thing (1982 film)
Meaning of "acknowledge" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "acknowledge" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "acknowledge" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "acknowledge"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word acknowledge below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.