How to use "acquaintance" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "acquaintance" in popular movie and book plots
- They arrive at the farm of Jinjur, who renews her acquaintance with them and sends to the Emerald City for help. - The Tin Woodman of Oz
- Meanwhile, Jack and the Sawhorse arrive at the Emerald City and make the acquaintance of His Majesty the Scarecrow. - The Marvelous Land of Oz
- Vimes begins investigating the dragon's appearances, which leads to an acquaintance with Sybil Ramkin, a breeder of swamp dragons. - Guards! Guards!
- The acquaintance adds a short preface of his own and then has the manuscript published. - Steppenwolf (novel)
- On his first acquaintance with Kate, the latter realises she will have to pretend to be 'common' to get Marlow to woo her. - She Stoops to Conquer
- Raoul, along with an old acquaintance of Erik's, known as The Persian, attempt to rescue her but are trapped Erik's torture. - The Phantom of the Opera
- After the death of a fellow astronaut, he nurtures a close acquaintance with a young religious woman named Riquinni Nonderaiko. - Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise
- At the concert, Wayne and Garth make the acquaintance of the bodyguard of Frankie Sharpe, producer of Sharpe Records. - Wayne's World (film)
- Tony meets an acquaintance from the University of Cambridge, Charles Alexander "C". - Dial M for Murder
- Fellow passenger and cattle buyer Wirt Roddy (Montagu Love) makes her acquaintance and tells her the wind usually drives women crazy. - The Wind (1928 film)
- An acquaintance from college, Gavin Elster, asks Scottie to follow his wife, Madeleine, claiming that she is in some sort of danger. - Vertigo (film)
- He goes to Acapulco and waits, eventually striking up an acquaintance with her. - Out of the Past
- Ben's violence becomes more and more random until he kills an acquaintance in front of his girlfriend and friends during a birthday dinner. - Man Bites Dog (film)
- When she asks an acquaintance what he could do with $10,000, he assures her he could double it overnight. - The Cheat (1915 film)
- Their tent mate is Cadet White, but their acquaintance is all too brief; White is killed in an air crash the same day. - Wings (1927 film)
- He takes shelter in a nearby house that turns out to belong to dr Kemp, a former acquaintance from medical school. - The Invisible Man
Meaning of "acquaintance" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "acquaintance" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "acquaintance" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "acquaintance"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word acquaintance below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.