How to use "acquitted" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "acquitted" in popular movie and book plots
- The Centipede is acquitted of the murder charges and goes free. - Five Deadly Venoms
- Panama is acquitted and after a short stint in jail, they go into the bootlegging business together. - The Roaring Twenties
- It is implied that Vince will be acquitted of all charges since he killed the man in the mirrored room in self-defense. - Fear in the Night (1947 film)
- The eight men are acquitted of any wrongdoing. - Eight Men Out
- Giving her the benefit of the doubt, the jury acquitted her; and, for the past six years, she has been the wife of a local elderly professor. - The Listerdale Mystery
- The victim was his last wife, of whose murder he was acquitted owing to a legal technicality and a witness's untimely death. - The Adventure of the Illustrious Client
- The acquitted cowboys, led by Billy, confront Blaisedell and Morgan. - Warlock (1959 film)
- Jeb is acquitted of the murder in court but is shunned by Thorley and Mrs Callum who states that Jeb is dead to him. - Pursued
- Selena Cross, who had been acquitted of murder in the previous novel, was trying to make a life for herself and her brother, Joey. - Return to Peyton Place
- The Order is put on trial, but acquitted with the help of Celia, a sylph they had aided in the Dungeon of Dorukan. - The Order of the Stick
- Mobster Carmine Ricca (Richard Devon) drives away from court and an angry mob after being acquitted on a legal technicality. - Magnum Force
- After a retrial, Munna is acquitted of his charges and plans to start a new life at Goa. - Tezaab
- Although he is acquitted of the killing by Cabeza, Mendoza spirals into depression and seeks absolution for his actions. - The Mission (1986 film)
- Beverly is acquitted of all charges, stunning her family, who vow to "never get on her nerves". - Serial Mom
- Stuckey, however, is acquitted of all charges, and Tilman is later found dead by the FBI in an apparent suicide. - Mississippi Burning
- He is later acquitted of charges of attempted murder and armed criminal action but is found guilty of kidnapping. - John Q.
Meaning of "acquitted" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "acquitted" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "acquitted" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "acquitted"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word acquitted below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.