How to use "adapt" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "adapt" in popular movie and book plots
- Kaveri Amma tells him that she prefers to stay in Charanpur as it will be difficult for her to adapt to a new country at her age. - Swades
- They are very different from Sara and Phemie (Annabeth Gish) and must adapt to their new brutal life. - True Women
- He helps her adapt to the English way of life. - The New World (2005 film)
- To adapt and live peacefully among humans, they become the Picts, and Ashlar their king. - Taltos (Rice novel)
- His struggles to adapt to life as a free man show an attempt at personal reform. - The Wire
- Enrique wants to adapt Ignacio's story into a film, but Ángel's condition is that he plays the part of Zahara, the transsexual lead. - Bad Education (film)
- By August 1992, bail for Amy is made by a TV network working to adapt her story. - Casualties of Love: The "Long Island Lolita" Story
- He is accepted as "Kisu-Mu", one of the Niaruna gods, and begins to adapt to Niaruna life and culture. - At Play in the Fields of the Lord
- At the nightclub, Mel cajoles him to adapt a book for a movie. - In a Lonely Place
- Ludlow's wife Isabel does not adapt to the harsh Montana winters and moves to the East Coast; Tristan vows never to speak of her again. - Legends of the Fall
- They also tried to adapt their own lifestyle to their ideals. - Helpless (play)
- Some Lunarites want to further adapt their bodies to life on the Moon, but Earth has outlawed genetic engineering decades ago. - The Gods Themselves
- The girls generally have no romantic interest and spurn his mild advances, and adapt to his presence in the flat. - Man About the House
- Hostile to each other at the start, they grew to understand and accept each other, as both try to adapt to each other's ways. - To the Manor Born
- They ask Tricia's help to adapt astrology charts for Rupert in exchange for allowing her to interview them. - Mostly Harmless
- He struggles to adapt to life outside prison and fears he never will. - The Shawshank Redemption
Meaning of "adapt" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "adapt" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "adapt" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "adapt"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word adapt below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.