How to use "adjacent" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "adjacent" in popular movie and book plots
- As he arrives, the narrator notes a thin crack extending from the roof, down the front of the building and into the adjacent lake. - The Fall of the House of Usher
- Saya is to pose as a school girl, infiltrate the high school adjacent to the base, and then track and kill the chiropterans. - Blood: The Last Vampire
- In due course McGinty and the boss find themselves in adjacent jail cells, from which the boss arranges an escape for both. - The Great McGinty
- In two adjacent cells, there is an older Algerian-looking man and a tattooed convict in his twenties. - Un chant d'amour
- The Marines are tasked with infiltrating the three data towers adjacent to the Nexus: Data Storage, Processing, and Networking. - Quake 4
- Renauld's body was found, stabbed in the back, in a newly-dug open grave on the edge of an adjacent golf course, undergoing construction. - The Murder on the Links
- The landlord offers him the adjacent room 2047. - 2046 (film)
- This is only a brief respite, as further ahead the branch negotiates a tight curve adjacent to a chemical plant. - Runaway Train (film)
- Tender goes wandering around, trying to meet up with Fertility, which he finally does in a men's bathroom where they've taken adjacent stalls. - Survivor (Palahniuk novel)
- An adjacent story line develops in Johnny's footnotes, detailing what is progressing in Johnny's life as he is assembling the narrative. - House of Leaves
- At the same time, administrators must deal with a protest against the hospital's annexation of an adjacent and decrepit apartment building. - The Hospital
- The Monster is on an adjacent table, receiving electric shocks. - Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
- Two children, Digory Kirke and Polly Plummer, meet while playing in the adjacent gardens of a row of terraced houses. - The Magician's Nephew
- The last piece of evidence offered was a conversation between Fawkes and Wintour, who had been kept in adjacent cells. - Guy Fawkes
- Deckard tries to jump to an adjacent roof, but misses and is left hanging precariously between buildings. - Blade Runner
- In ancient Rome, some neighbors live in three adjacent houses. - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Meaning of "adjacent" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "adjacent" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "adjacent" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "adjacent"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word adjacent below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.