How to use "adjourn" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "adjourn" in popular movie and book plots
- Meanwhile, Chloe and Charlie attend a boring dinner party, then leave early to adjourn to Charlie's apartment. - I Give It a Year
- The film ends as Munson makes a motion to adjourn due to the former president's death. - Advise & Consent
- Stan's resultant wriggling further irritates Bernal, so The Boys adjourn to the dance floor to sort things out. - That's My Wife (1929 film)
- After dinner the guests adjourn to the music room, where one of the women, Blanca, plays a piano sonata. - The Exterminating Angel (film)
- They adjourn to the garden where, as Danny holds her and moves in for a kiss, Katie can no longer resist him. - Calamity Jane (film)
- The principals adjourn to a posh counterculture party, and the night quickly descends into drugs, alcohol and sexual indulgence. - Shampoo (film)
- Afterwards, the couple adjourn to their balcony. - Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
- Chronotis' adjourn to the professor's lodgings, they find a horse there, which the Professor is alarmed about but unable to explain. - Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
Meaning of "adjourn" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "adjourn" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "adjourn" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "adjourn"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word adjourn below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.