How to use "adjust" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "adjust" in popular movie and book plots
- In the aftermath a severely traumatised Cal is cared for by Suzanna whilst their friends adjust to permanent life amongst the cuckoos. - Weaveworld
- A high school girl named Himeno Awayuki is attempting to adjust to her new life after her widowed father remarries wealthy widow Natsue. - Prétear
- Triton's wife Kate (Kelly Carlson) decides the two need a vacation to help Triton adjust to his new life. - The Marine
- Brooke and Julian adjust to life as parents which leads Julian to make a life-changing mistake. - One Tree Hill (TV series)
- The family tries to adjust to the massive noise, but are unable to cope and decide to move. - Mr. Spritz Goes to Washington
- Jack is released and comes back to the Mall, where everyone is trying to adjust to Mega's new rules. - The Tribe (TV series)
- They adjust their tricorders to scan for silicon-based life, and confirm that the creature is the only such lifeform for miles. - The Devil in the Dark
- Scott has to adjust to working in a strange city with a police team that she does not really fit in with. - Taking Lives (film)
- In Sierra Vista, White Fang must adjust to the laws of the estate. - White Fang
- The Ministry inspector (John Rudling) refuses to adjust the starting time for the delay. - The Titfield Thunderbolt
- As Riker struggles to adjust to his new life, numerous inconsistencies arise. - Future Imperfect
- After a retirement dinner, Schmidt finds it hard to adjust to his new life, feeling useless. - About Schmidt
- During the filming of Wayne's World, Wayne and Garth find it difficult to adjust to the professional studio environment. - Wayne's World (film)
- Peggy is unable to adjust to the low pressure atmosphere and has to stay in a bubble in the hospital. - Farmer in the Sky
- However, we can adjust this method, in a similar way as the "random game" method for iterated function systems. - Julia set
- In 1954, Brooks is paroled, but cannot adjust to the outside world after fifty years in prison, and commits suicide by hanging himself. - The Shawshank Redemption
Meaning of "adjust" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "adjust" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "adjust" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "adjust"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word adjust below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.