How to use "admire" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "admire" in popular movie and book plots
- If you could admire far more terrifying and repulsive types, why aren't you more merciful to this character, even if it is fictitious. - A Hero of Our Time
- At home just before the ceremony, both Shukichi and Masa admire Noriko, who is dressed in a traditional wedding costume. - Late Spring
- But Indranath is too pre-occupied to admire it. - Kanchenjungha (film)
- The rank and file trust and admire men like Rubashov, but the elite betrays and uses them with little thought. - Darkness at Noon
- The others admire Vaska for his courage and urge him to kill Kostilyoff and marry Vassilisa; then he could be landlord. - The Lower Depths
- Instead of being convinced that he is better than them, he grows to admire them and their wit. - Blackadder's Christmas Carol
- They both admire the Romantic poets. - Persuasion (novel)
- Sandro stops to admire her beauty. - L'Avventura
- At the end of the novel Howard and Barbara are still together, and all their friends admire their stable yet "advanced" marriage. - The History Man
- As they spend more time together, Blackthorne comes to deeply admire both Toranaga and (specifically) Mariko, and they secretly become lovers. - Shōgun (novel)
- They admire Rocky's reputation and criminal lifestyle so, after retrieving his wallet, Rocky invites them to dinner. - Angels with Dirty Faces
- Within the Honored Matres, many admire Murbella's strength and abilities and desire Bene Gesserit training, but resist assimilation. - Bene Gesserit
- McCarron comes to admire her bravery and humor, and the implication is that he has even fallen a bit in love with her. - The Breathing Method
- Marianne quickly comes to admire his good looks and outspoken views on poetry, music, art and love. - Sense and Sensibility
- He tells of how Kurtz opened his mind, and seems to admire him even for his power—and for his willingness to use it. - Heart of Darkness
- The narrator reflects on the epidemic and reaches the conclusion that there is more to admire than to despise in humans. - The Plague
Meaning of "admire" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "admire" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "admire" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "admire"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word admire below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.