How to use "adorn" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "adorn" in popular movie and book plots
- Dennis, a young sailor, is distraught over his lack of tattoos and envious of those which adorn his fellow sailors' skins. - September Morn (film)
- He shows her a stamp, featuring her likeness, and tells her that her picture would adorn the official stamp of the village. - The Lion and the Jewel
- Later, one the ten small Indian dolls that adorn the centre of the dining table is found with its head snapped off. - Ten Little Indians (1989 film)
- The natives, thinking they are gods, adorn them with jewels and give them food. - Road to Zanzibar
- Moomin, Little My and Sniff go to the beach to find shells for Moomimamma who wants them to adorn her flowerbeds. - Comet in Moominland (film)
- This wealth has allowed him to adorn his court without oppressing his domain. - Prince of Foxes
- They uncover his obsession with Rayburn, as hundreds of newspaper clippings adorn the deranged fan's hideout. - The Fan (1996 film)
- Company related notices adorn the walls and old furniture and office equipment is stacked in the corner. - The Smoking Room
- dr Alton points out that men's clothes are dull and restrictive, whereas women can adorn themselves with attractive and comfortable clothing. - Glen or Glenda
Meaning of "adorn" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "adorn" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "adorn" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "adorn"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word adorn below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.