How to use "adversity" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "adversity" in popular movie and book plots
- Hermanitas Calle follows the story of two women who struggle to overcome adversity and achieve fame with their powerful voice. - Hermanitas Calle
- With adversity comes an opportunity; a second chance that Jyotsna as a mother cannot afford to lose or fail to succeed. - Calapor (film)
- The vermin's transformation to humans in nature and thinking, and their improving in the face of adversity is an underlying theme of the book. - Riddle of the Seventh Stone
- She and Gilbert suffer racism and ignorance, but in adversity they discover new qualities in each other and actually begin to fall in love. - Small Island (TV film)
- Krios' remaining citizens, reduced to mere slaves, had risen up against their adversity and formed the Vermillion faction. - Magna Carta: The Phantom of Avalanche
- She talks to him and kindles a self belief in the peasant, who determinedly tries to face the adversity waiting outside. - Jagte Raho
- Each of her guests is a historical, fictional or mythical woman who faced adversity and suffered bitterly to attain her goals. - Top Girls
Meaning of "adversity" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "adversity" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "adversity" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "adversity"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word adversity below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.