How to use "advert" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "advert" in popular movie and book plots
- After she writes an advert for a lift wanted around the world, a humpback whale arrives one night and offers to take her travelling. - The Snail and the Whale
- The advert on the television shows a fish restaurant called "Fujimoto". - Octodad
- Sometimes there's an advert break or a shot of the exteriors of various locations to imply that the scene has changed place. - Amazon Adventure (film)
- "Let's not project an advert onto the side of Westminster Abbey or make Life of Brian Christmas crackers". - Holy Flying Circus
- The advert originally ran for ninety seconds. - Bet on Black
- In a desperate attempt to get a girlfriend, the two write a "lonely hearts" advert for Richie to put in the local paper. - Smells (Bottom)
- He places an advert in the local newspaper and holds auditions in his parents' home. - The Commitments (film)
- He promises to reform and keep Maria updated with his progress with an annual advert in the personal column. - Parker Pyne Investigates
- Freddie, not keen on doing the job himself, sees Psmith's advert in the paper, and tags along to London with Lord Emsworth. - Leave It to Psmith
- She questions why the servants have arrived when her advert for home help was never published as it was not picked up by the postman. - The Others (2001 film)
Meaning of "advert" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "advert" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "advert" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "advert"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word advert below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.