How to use "advocate" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "advocate" in popular movie and book plots
- There she worked closely with the families from different backgrounds and began to advocate peace between the two territories. - Encounter Point
- Demagogic peace advocate Fred Van Ackerman of Wyoming is especially supportive. - Advise & Consent
- Geissler acted as Isak’s advocate and sold the section of Isak’s land for four thousand Kroner. - Growth of the Soil
- Billson, swayed by the speaker, has become an advocate of teetotalism and non-violence, and has been dispruting drinkers in local pubs. - The Exit of Battling Billson
- One wet night, Denis' favorite daughter, Anne Remillard — a staunch loyalist and advocate of Unity — visits Rogi's bookshop. - Galactic Milieu Series
- Ross elaborates that the real mission was to get Koval onto the committee where he would advocate continuing the alliance with the Federation. - Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
- In her late teens, she married barber Raymond Parks, an advocate of equal rights. - The Rosa Parks Story
- However, that is a facade; Toshizō has to be the devil's advocate because of his best friend Kondō Isami's inability to mete out discipline. - Kaze Hikaru
- Lucille then finds Governor Slaton at a party ("Pretty Music") and attempts to advocate for Leo. - Parade (musical)
- Mannering, accompanied by the Dominie, travels to Edinburgh to place the matter in the advocate Mr Pleydell's hands. - Guy Mannering
- Ramanujam Iyengar alias Ambi is an orthodox Brahmin and a straightforward consumer protection advocate living in Triplicane, Chennai. - Anniyan
- "I'm the biggest advocate of adjusting to [what Miranda Sharifi gave the world]. - Beggars Ride
- Céline has become an advocate for the environment, and has a photojournalist boyfriend. - Before Sunset
- His transformation from listless bureaucrat to passionate advocate puzzles them. - Ikiru
- Stoddard maintains he will do neither; he is an advocate for justice under the law, not brute force. - The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
- Bok's main advocate and supporter, Investigating Magistrate Bibikov, is arrested on trumped-up charges after visiting Bok in prison. - The Fixer (novel)
Meaning of "advocate" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "advocate" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "advocate" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "advocate"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word advocate below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.