How to use "afar" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "afar" in popular movie and book plots
- Balraj continues his generosity from afar by giving Rohan a $5000 bonus. - Aa Ab Laut Chalen
- Seeing that the Hua's chief butler was kind, Tang put on the disguise of a poor youth from afar who had been robbed of all his money. - The Three Smiles
- Martha did not know Olive very well, though Olive admired Martha from afar despite never speaking to or hanging out with Martha. - Olive's Ocean
- However, Gallo uses kryptonite radiation to blast Superman from afar and he falls, unconscious, to the ground. - Superman Confidential
- After the end credits, Samanosuke is seen alive, viewing Inabayama Castle from afar before he departs to parts unknown. - Onimusha: Warlords
- Vito and Jessie can only watch helplessly from afar as Adam is captured by the police. - Family Business (film)
- He observes the family from afar and falls in love with Agatha. - Frankenstein: The True Story
- Carolyn sinisterly observes from afar as the women celebrate his giant erection with a chorus line. - Lisztomania (film)
- The arrival of ruthless killers from afar soon gets the attention of the gang. - Solitary Man (Angel novel)
- Aaron Lightner, a psychic scholar and member of the Talamasca, has studied the Mayfairs from afar for years. - The Witching Hour (novel)
- He is smitten from afar with the coldly beautiful actress Barbara Darling (Elizabeth Hartman). - You're a Big Boy Now
- Ovus, a tawny owl, brings Bluddbeak, an ancient red kite from afar to defeat the adders, but in their attempt, both birds die. - Triss
- Aliens from afar had succeeded in destroying the West's moon base. - Image Fight
- In the process, she learns that he did not hire a matchmaker out of desperation and in fact has admired Isabelle from afar for several years. - Crossing Delancey
- Simba watches the two from afar and Nala convinces him to give Kovu a chance. - The Lion King II: Simba's Pride
- Hector also hears the thoughts of Miss Turner, a co-worker who admires him from afar and wishes he would be more assertive. - A Penny for Your Thoughts (The Twilight Zone)
Meaning of "afar" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "afar" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "afar" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "afar"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word afar below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.