How to use "afflicted" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "afflicted" in popular movie and book plots
- At about this time, Honda is afflicted by pains which he does nothing about for months. - The Decay of the Angel
- Morgan, who is afflicted with heart trouble, advises Pemberton to escape his family's baleful influence. - The Pupil (short story)
- Later on, the afflicted girls accuse Susanna's mother and father of being witches, even though she told no one about what Ann said to her. - A Break with Charity
- Nicolae mounts horseback, preparing to attack the Rebels at the Temple Mount before the horses are afflicted with a flesh-dissolving plague. - Glorious Appearing
- Maling is afflicted with an unusual medical affliction which his doctors label "borborygmi" and his friends label "tummy rumbles". - Alas, Poor Maling
- Each colonist lives in ous own individual cell, travelling between them only via transmat, creating a population afflicted with agoraphobia. - Three's a Crowd (radio)
- Seur Chong, however, is afflicted with the Dragon's Curse, and he must slay a blue dragon in order to survive. - Dragon Hunter
- Brain Powerd is set in a future time in which Earth has been afflicted by earthquakes and floods. - Brain Powerd
- He systematically kills the entire crew, making it appear as if they were afflicted with plague. - Nosferatu the Vampyre
- After the death of Darken Rahl and planning his wedding to Kahlan, Richard is afflicted by a series of painful headaches. - Stone of Tears
- This man is not one of those afflicted by the "white sickness"—rather he has been blind since birth. - Blindness (novel)
- The afflicted are segregated from the main camp in plague tents. - Deadwood (TV series)
- His first task is to free the giant tree Ra from the parasite he is afflicted with. - Terranigma
- It is discovered the illness that Yuji is afflicted with is the key to help destroying the Blue and taking back the planet. - Blue Gender
- They fling their afflicted bodies at him, demanding miracle cures and divine secrets. - Monty Python's Life of Brian
- Even the afflicted seem to annoy him. - Fawlty Towers
Meaning of "afflicted" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "afflicted" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "afflicted" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "afflicted"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word afflicted below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.