How to use "afoot" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "afoot" in popular movie and book plots
- A plot is afoot by sinister forces to kidnap Ludwig, and Jim becomes caught up in the drama. - My Friend the King
- A movement was soon afoot to upgrade or replace the Articles, and Madison was foremost in the movement. - A More Perfect Union (film)
- Then after a good night's sleep, they set afoot on the island. - Yogi Bear and the Magical Flight of the Spruce Goose
- They later break into a professor's home to demand information, and Mike realizes what is afoot and sets out to protect Kristen. - Elves (film)
- In Luang Prabang, meanwhile, plans are afoot to finally rid the country of its royal heritage. - Thirty-Three Teeth
- When they arrive in Lepzig, they see that there is a movement afoot to link Luther with Jan Hus in order to brand him as a heretic. - Martin Luther (1953 film)
- War is afoot and Volodyovski is ordered by Radzivill to grant Kmita a commission to raise a force. - The Deluge (novel)
- Shortly after this, Numair decides to go back to the city where King Jonathan is and warns him of something afoot in Dunlath. - Wolf-Speaker
- When the real Silas finds out, he realizes something is afoot and the villagers get their own back on the two villains. - The Treacle People
- However, strange things are afoot at the American Chicken Bunker. - Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead
- Now, Lone Wolf learns of strange sightings in the area near the Maakengorge, suggesting that there may be a plot afoot to resurrect Vashna. - The Legacy of Vashna
- Meanwhile, devious schemes are afoot at the home of Bill's uncle Cooley. - Bill the Conqueror
- While she's gone, Bugs suspects there's trouble afoot and makes to leave, but he's stopped by Witch Hazel brandishing a meat cleaver. - Broom-Stick Bunny
- President to try and warn him that there is a widespread case of lycanthropy afoot in the world. - Howling III
- Meanwhile, a conspiracy is afoot in the city to depose the Patrician, Lord Vetinari. - The Truth (novel)
- Rumors are afoot of Maetel becoming its new Queen. - Galaxy Express 999
Meaning of "afoot" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "afoot" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "afoot" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "afoot"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word afoot below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.