How to use "age" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "age" in popular movie and book plots
- Humankind enters a golden age of prosperity at the expense of creativity. - Childhood's End
- Let us fight for a new world - a decent world that will give men a chance to work - that will give youth a future and old age a security. - The Great Dictator
- Once they have done so, their ageing slows; if they then leave the valley, they age quickly and die. - Lost Horizon
- The sisters introduce themselves to the handsome shy boy, Laurie, who is the age of Jo. - Little Women
- Recreational drug use is widespread, and the age of consent has been lowered to twelve. - Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said
- She is the same age as Emma and has been given an excellent education by her father's friend, Colonel Campbell. - Emma (novel)
- They do not have the gift of eternal youth, but suffer the infirmities of old age and are considered legally dead at the age of eighty. - Gulliver's Travels
- But having just turned forty she is worried about what her advancing age will mean for her career. - All About Eve
- During the trip, Isak is forced by nightmares, daydreams, old age and impending death to reevaluate his life. - Wild Strawberries (film)
- This prompts Dorian to wish that the painted image of himself would age instead of himself. - The Picture of Dorian Gray
- The narrator tells us that from an early age he has loved animals. - The Black Cat (short story)
- At the age of 22, Nick's age when he left Tarnover, Kate is a perpetual student at "UMKC". - The Shockwave Rider
- Mattie has an apparent Electra complex; she finds appeal in Urquhart's much older age and later refers to him as "Daddy". - House of Cards (UK TV series)
- She restates her firm belief that eighty is the proper age to die. - Harold and Maude
- Lucca explains that Kid is Schala's clone, sent to the modern age to take part in Project Kid. - Chrono Cross
- A carriage accident outside Laura's home unexpectedly brings a girl of Laura's age into the family's care. - Carmilla
Meaning of "age" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "age" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "age" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "age"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word age below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.