How to use "agony" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "agony" in popular movie and book plots
- The Professor grabs the papers and throws them out of the windows, while The Actress writhes in agony on the bed. - Insignificance (film)
- So like the others, he shall die in agony - tonight - at the stroke of nine. - Alfalfa's Aunt
- To spare his father the agony and humiliation of a stay behind bars, Joe claims responsibility and is sentenced to three years in prison. - Broken Lance
- Stephen, his brother and Benny find Mona in agony because her pelvis is too small for a large baby. - The Cardinal
- The agony of Bharat's death claims the life of Janki as well. - Mrityudata
- John begs Miriam to kill him and release him from the agony of his decrepit body. - The Hunger (1983 film)
- Later Fitzpiers tells her Suke has been to visit him because she was in agony from toothache and he extracted a molar. - The Woodlanders
- Esteban immediately expresses his regret, but Clara tells him in shock and agony that she will never speak to him again. - The House of the Spirits (film)
- As the days pass, he undergoes ever-increasing pain, until he is in agony and screaming in pain. - The Hellgramite Method
- Alex covers John's face with the mask while Erin throws the switch, and they watch him scream in agony as he is electrocuted. - The Crow: Salvation
- Henri waits in agony for her return, but when she finally does he tells her to leave at once. - Moulin Rouge (1952 film)
- Kirk counters the warning, releases Chekov from the agony booth and returns to his quarters. - Mirror, Mirror (Star Trek: The Original Series)
- Later in the night, their baby girl Amanda awakens in agony as her body turns red from an unknown cause. - Prey (novel)
- Remembering this agony and realizing that he can put an end to it, Jack finally accepts his role and agrees to help save his friends. - The Invisibles
- He screams in agony and collapses. - Deaths-Head Revisited
- Songlian, already in agony due to the fruitlessness of her life, witnesses the entire episode and is emotionally traumatized. - Raise the Red Lantern
Meaning of "agony" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "agony" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "agony" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "agony"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word agony below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.