How to use "ajar" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "ajar" in popular movie and book plots
- The door is ajar and the man, Kevin, comes in calling out for Miranda. - Return to Sender (2015 film)
- Jane finds the front door ajar and Lucy unconscious in the living room. - EastEnders Live Week
- When Kim leaves she leaves the door ajar and listens to the nasty comments Pie's mother makes about her, she begins to cry and walks away. - Yes or No (film)
- When the door is ajar the film ends without seeing the visitor. - Hidden Pleasures
- Stopping alongside the gate of the school, Ishiyama holds it ajar and tells Kagenobu it is his choice whether he will walk through the gates. - Elektra: The Hand
- Cashel arrives next to an ajar door; a beautiful woman rushes out, pursued by an angry wizard. - Servant of the Dragon
- Seeing Stephen's room door ajar and knowing he is not inside, Stella sneaks in and tries to find his notebook. - The Running Man (1963 film)
- When Max arrives home, he finds the door ajar and his place a mess. - Max Payne (film)
- A small art gallery stands with its door slightly ajar and the lights on. - Closed Mondays
- Jean starts to leave in anger but, after opening the door, leaves the door ajar as he goes to apologize to his mother. - A Woman of Paris
Meaning of "ajar" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "ajar" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "ajar" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "ajar"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word ajar below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.