How to use "alibi" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "alibi" in popular movie and book plots
- Rosaleen has a strong alibi for the time of the murder since she was in the London flat that evening. - Taken at the Flood
- He asks Quark, Kira's alibi for Vaatrick's murder, what the two of them were doing. - Necessary Evil (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
- Martin Dering created a false alibi because his wife Sylvia was watching him for divorce proceedings. - The Sittaford Mystery
- Alfred is a member of an archery club but has a cast-iron alibi for the time of the murder. - The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding
- He looks to Lady Cranleigh to provide an alibi but she stays silent. - Black Orchid (Doctor Who)
- For a moment the Duke is amused by this, sensing that this astrological alibi covers his own amatory transgressions. - The Firebrand of Florence
- Scully was a scapegoat providing Sam, who was Gloria's abusive boyfriend, with an alibi during the murder. - Body Double
- He has already told police that he was with Jared all night and asks Jared to confirm his alibi in the name of mateship. - Blackrock (film)
- When she asked Linda to check the time, her alibi was set. - Evil Under the Sun
- They have a suspect, a Beatnik called Art Jester (James Mitchum) who fits a description of 'The Aspirin Kid' but his alibi checks out. - The Beat Generation
- The town's sheriff suspects Harry, but Dolly gives him an alibi and tells him she will sell him out unless he kills her husband. - The Hot Spot
- Accused of murdering her husband, Brooke is unwilling to produce an alibi (she later reveals to Elle that she was having liposuction). - Legally Blonde
- Poirot notices that the parlourmaid Ursula Bourne has no alibi for the murder. - The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
- Cathcart was killed by a bullet from Denver's revolver, and Denver's only alibi is that he was out for a walk at the time Cathcart died. - Clouds of Witness
- no jury would believe an alibi given by a loving wife". - Witness for the Prosecution (1957 film)
- Juror 4 doubts the boy's alibi of being at the movies, because he could not recall it in much detail. - 12 Angry Men (1957 film)
Meaning of "alibi" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "alibi" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "alibi" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "alibi"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word alibi below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.