How to use "alight" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "alight" in popular movie and book plots
- On his last action, Josh smashes an oil lamp, setting himself alight and causing a fire in the shelter. - The Divide (2011 film)
- As they fly over the secret enclave, it is destroyed in a fireball resulting from a burning drapery that Peter had set alight with a candle. - The Splendid Source
- But an accident with a spirit stove causes the surrounding area to catch alight and a bushfire ensues. - Ash Road
- The crew battles some of the galleon's crew and use the Phosphor B explosives to set alight the galleon and the seaweed. - The Lost Continent (1968 film)
- Fireworks are set alight as midnight approaches; the group watches, and Eve and Alice return to the cabin. - Helena from the Wedding
- Stan's attempts at hospitality backfire when Nikki's shirt catches alight over a dinner of fondue. - Kiss or Kill (film)
- Back at the home Roy tells Sadie how he became a religious man and then sets her alight with gasoline, claiming that he is doing God's will. - From Within (film)
- He tells the boy that his idea of peace was like a candle in the wind, which he kept alight only with an effort. - The Candle in the Wind
- However, Green throws a can of rocket fuel in his face, causing him to lose control and set himself alight outside. - Fire (The X-Files)
- As dr Kersh leads Dora and Anton from the tomb, he and the villagers set the ruins alight with torches, ending the curse. - Vampire Circus
- All make it across the continent and duly alight in Los Angeles. - Under the Rainbow
- Upon this discovery, Ludmilla goes on a rampage through Moscow, setting many buildings alight with her newly acquired fire breath ability. - Bartok the Magnificent
- Along his search he also trails people alight with the glow of White Imagination, knowing that Alyss would most likely glow the brightest. - The Looking Glass Wars
- The ship is set alight and the party withdraws, watching as the ship sinks. - The Sea Wolves
- Suddenly, the dark courtroom comes alight with Adam Grant being sentenced for the crime of murder in the first degree. - Shadow Play (1986 The Twilight Zone episode)
- He and Watson alight at Canterbury, making a change to their planned route. - The Final Problem
Meaning of "alight" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "alight" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "alight" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "alight"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word alight below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.