How to use "alike" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "alike" in popular movie and book plots
- He means to help her take control of the Earth, destroying gods and humans alike in the process. - Saint Seiya Episode.G
- As Vicomtesse De Chagny and her son arrive, they are greeted by journalists and fans alike at the Quayside. - The Phantom of Manhattan
- Shakuntala incites jealousy in the women and love in the men around her, charming humans and animals alike in the forests of Kerala. - Gaja Gamini
- Rich comments to Kyle on how much the two of them look alike before apologizing for his skepticism. - Flightplan
- It is hard to believe that it was almost two years ago that fate brought them together, two souls more alike than either can quite comprehend. - Primal (video game)
- Later, Carter is criticized by parents and academic personnel alike for his decision to lock down the gym. - Coach Carter
- The opening epigram of the book is: "The sweetness of victory and the bitterness of defeat are alike a knife of dreams. - Knife of Dreams
- mrs Reed talks about how much alike they are. - Many, Many Monkeys
- King Alfonso leads Christians and Moors alike in a prayer for God to receive the soul "of the purest knight of all". - El Cid (film)
- Very much alike at first, Derek chose a different path from Tristram and pretends to be homosexual while in public to help his career. - The Wanting Seed
- Dressed alike and identical in every way, Gabe and Yulaw's battle confuses Gabe's police colleagues. - The One (2001 film)
- Jaden leaves a trail of destruction behind him, killing Jedi and Sith alike before he confronts Tavion. - Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
- Because all humans look alike to apes, they are able to escape without notice, and they rendezvous with the orbiting ship. - Planet of the Apes (novel)
- Progen, Jenquai and Terrans alike have thrived, spreading their civilizations across a dozen star systems, exploiting their riches. - Earth & Beyond
- One of them, Marcusson, is a positive thinker who believes that people are alike all over, even on the Red Planet. - People Are Alike All Over
- To delay Maggie's return to Boston with Sharon, the twins dress and talk alike so their parents are unable to tell them apart. - The Parent Trap (1961 film)
Meaning of "alike" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "alike" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "alike" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "alike"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word alike below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.