How to use "allegory" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "allegory" in popular movie and book plots
- The book is an allegory for legitimate justice and people's desire for freedom. - Nikola Šuhaj loupežník
- Fiorenza, is also an allegory for the city of Florence, and is the mistress of the dying Lorenzo de' Medici, the secular ruler of the city. - Fiorenza (play)
- This movie is an allegory of the antagonism between USA culture and French culture as it was seen by French people in the 70s. - The Wing or the Thigh
- The title is an allegory to the ideological clash between three generations: Kal (Grandparent), Aaj (Parent) and Kal(Youth). - Kal Aaj Aur Kal
- The outcome for the characters is dark, with more emphasis on being sacrificed than self-sacrifice, and is used an allegory of wider issues. - Tamanna (2014 film)
- Du's poem was written as an allegory for Vietnam, which has often been possessed and abused by others. - Saigon Eclipse
- The other half is a "subjoined" key to the allegory and two other letters. - A Political Romance
- This episode is a Wild West allegory of all the other episodes of The Prisoner. - Living in Harmony
- gives us an early example of the allegory in the form of a journey—that is, in its best form". - Architrenius
- Ratliff's fantastic allegory of Flem's sale of his soul. - The Hamlet
- It is an allegory of a Christian devotional life from salvation through maturity. - Hinds' Feet on High Places
- The novel is in fact an allegory of Yendred/Dewdney's search for a reality deeper than that of scientific enquiry. - The Planiverse
- The second has often been criticized for poor writing and for its obvious allegory to the quest of finding God. - The Approach to Al-Mu'tasim
- A further interpretation is that the Lottery and the Company that runs it are actually an allegory of a deity or Zeus. - The Lottery in Babylon
- Picard recounts for Dathon the Epic of Gilgamesh, a human story that parallels the allegory of Darmok and Jalad. - Darmok
- Midnight's Children is a loose allegory for events in India both before and, primarily, after the independence and partition of India. - Midnight's Children
Meaning of "allegory" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "allegory" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "allegory" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "allegory"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word allegory below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.