How to use "almost" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "almost" in popular movie and book plots
- Jenny nurses Garp, observing his infantile state and almost perpetual autonomic sexual arousal. - The World According to Garp
- Anna twice almost sends him away for his rudeness and for being broke, before revealing that she appreciates his honesty. - The Great Ziegfeld
- Lawrence's scheme is almost derailed when one of Ali's men kills one of Auda's because of a blood feud. - Lawrence of Arabia (film)
- The series proper commences almost twenty years later in the Two Rivers, a near-forgotten district of the country of Andor. - The Wheel of Time
- David challenges Elijah with an incident from his childhood when he almost drowned. - Unbreakable (film)
- His family, many colleagues, and almost all of Kansas City's population are killed. - The Day After
- A deadly virus released in 1996 wipes out almost all of humanity, forcing remaining survivors to live underground. - 12 Monkeys
- However Nick also has some personality flaws, amounting almost to a deathwish. - The Shockwave Rider
- San awakens and almost kills the dying Ashitaka, but hesitates when he tells her that she is beautiful. - Princess Mononoke
- The Emperor next expresses his boredom and demands "unusual" entertainment, while the Black Ghoul notes that the night is almost over. - Orgy of the Dead
- Queequeg, sweating all day below decks, develops a chill and soon is almost mortally feverish. - Moby-Dick
- "Johnson" may have been placed in manacles and hung from the wall, but he was almost certainly subjected to the horrors of the rack. - Gunpowder Plot
- The attacks build to a crisis, and the college community of students, dons and servants is almost torn apart by suspicion and fear. - Gaudy Night
- Godzilla then counters by relentlessly blasting Ghidorah with its atomic ray, almost decapitating Ghidorah. - Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
- Vowels will almost always have four or more distinguishable formants; sometimes there are more than six. - Formant
- However, owing to project delays, groundbreaking took place in March 1985, almost two years late. - Bank of China Tower (Hong Kong)
Meaning of "almost" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "almost" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "almost" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "almost"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word almost below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.