How to use "alms" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "alms" in popular movie and book plots
- She gives alms and wonders how they must have been together through thick and thin and thus she realizes her mistake of running away. - Sairat
- Esmeralda starts looking for work, thanks to Pablo, as she does not want to keep asking alms and she does not want him to give her money. - The Stray Cat
- She crosses paths with a nun asking for alms and gives her some money. - Melancholia (2008 film)
- At the alms box, Cadfael sees a coin from Rafe is struck with the image of the Empress. - The Hermit of Eyton Forest
- Learning that he received medication from the nunnery, the villagers refuse to offer alms to the nunnery. - Uppalawanna
- He begged for alms daily so that he could collect sins and wash them away. - Sri Shirdi Saibaba Mahathyam
- Sub-prior Herluin and young Brother Tutilo request alms and aid in restoring their abbey. - The Holy Thief
- Instead of becoming better citizens, most become parasites reliant upon alms from the millionaire. - The Doings of Raffles Haw
- Lantenac is hunted by the Blues, but is protected by a local beggar, to whom he gave alms in the past. - Ninety-Three
Meaning of "alms" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "alms" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "alms" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "alms"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word alms below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.