How to use "aloft" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "aloft" in popular movie and book plots
- At the end of the film, Bonifacio is shown holding his personal flag aloft while leading his troops in a charge against Spanish forces. - Bonifacio: Ang Unang Pangulo
- Chip decides to go out in the world and experience it for himself, sailing himself aloft on a balloon. - Vestigial Peter
- Reinforcements of dark elves arrive but concede victory and allegiance to the Princess as she brandishes the spear aloft in triumph. - Dragon (2006 film)
- Cameron enters, holding Lily aloft before the family while "Circle of Life" from The Lion King plays. - Pilot (Modern Family)
- On the royal ledge above the arena, Tien's upright finger tips hold Bhuti aloft by his chin. - Ong Bak 3
- Upon arrival, the artist takes his place, hanging aloft the trapeze. - First Sorrow
- The mission accomplished, the Golden Eagle takes hold of a rope ladder on a helicopter and is carried aloft and into the sunset. - Golden Eagle (film)
- To pass the starting exam, she goes aloft with a Huxley (a jellyfish-like creature which uses hydrogen to float) to prove her air-worthiness. - Leviathan (Westerfeld novel)
- The Russians send the canister aloft by balloon for recovery by an approaching jet fighter. - Ice Station Zebra
- Instructed to hold aloft the sword and say "For the Honour of Grayskull. - The Secret of the Sword
- Mobbed by women in the tavern as he is holding a sovereign aloft (as advised by Dale), he is rescued by serving maid, Sally (Juliet Mills). - Carry On Jack
- It (and Snowball) are carried aloft and land in Oz. - The Wizard of Oz (1925 film)
- Graham holds it aloft and promises a new Camelot will be built. - Merlin's Apprentice
- A penis ("the missing parts of Sir Winston Churchill") is held aloft in the climactic scene. - What the Butler Saw (play)
- When the volcano on Krakatoa erupts, the families and Sherman escape on a platform held aloft by twenty balloons. - The Twenty-One Balloons
- There was no applause when the executioner held Garnet's heart aloft and said the traditional words, "Behold the heart of a traitor". - Henry Garnet
Meaning of "aloft" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "aloft" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "aloft" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "aloft"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word aloft below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.