How to use "alongside" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "alongside" in popular movie and book plots
- He tries to have a quiet drink in a pub, walks alongside a canal and rides a bicycle along a railway station platform. - A Hard Day's Night (film)
- As such, this became the first of a number of Gundam series where a team of Gundam mobile suits fight alongside each other regularly. - Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
- Larry is put to work in Sector 7G at Springfield Nuclear Power Plant alongside Homer and the two become fast friends. - Burns, Baby Burns
- Toranaga's ship escapes by staying alongside the Portuguese ship as both pass through the gap left between the opposing boats. - Shōgun (novel)
- Donald works as a cameraman alongside Daisy, who is a reporter. - Quack Pack
- He plays a phonograph record alongside the credits before walking somberly off. - Man on the Moon (film)
- Willie, meanwhile, is kept as a human sacrifice, while Shorty is put to work in the mines alongside the enslaved children. - Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
- Dunson adopts him and ties the boy's cow to his wagon, alongside a bull Dunson already owned. - Red River (1948 film)
- In the front row of the packed theater, his mother sits alongside Yudleson. - The Jazz Singer
- He heads off into Brooklyn alongside his goons, who are horrified by what he does but continue to work alongside him. - Out for Justice
- Thomas, who has become deeply hated in Delain, sets off alongside his butler, Dennis, to find Flagg. - The Eyes of the Dragon
- Johnny, Ginny and Toby are next seen skipping along and singing while Johnny's returned puppy runs alongside them. - Song of the South
- He serves the king alongside his childhood friend Kain Highwind, the commander of the Dragoons. - Final Fantasy IV
- Contrary to his uncle's statements, Luke learns that his father, Anakin, fought alongside Obi-Wan as a Jedi Knight. - Star Wars (film)
- At THX's trial, THX is sentenced to prison, alongside SEN. - THX 1138
- A subplot follows the character Melony, who grew up alongside Homer in the orphanage. - The Cider House Rules
Meaning of "alongside" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "alongside" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "alongside" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "alongside"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word alongside below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.