How to use "aloof" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "aloof" in popular movie and book plots
- Reverend Eccles shares the news of his daughter's death, and Harry returns home immediately, although in a somewhat aloof way. - Rabbit, Run
- An older daughter is married to the aloof professor Byron, who has unorthodox ideas about both disciplining children and the family dynamic. - Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation
- Min-ah (Im Soo-jung) is a young woman who has become reserved and aloof to the world as a result of her chronic illness and deformed hand. - ...ing
- Ryuji has always remained aloof from the land, and while accruing a substantial savings, has no real ties with other sailors either. - The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea
- But she remains aloof and spurns his advance. - Roller Boogie
- Later, the normally aloof Hesse inexplicably lightens up and chats incessantly about walks, massages, and naps. - Junior (1994 film)
- She holds herself aloof from most of the heathfolk; they, in turn, consider her an oddity, and some even think she's a witch. - The Return of the Native
- Susan stands aloof from the law-school rat-race and dismisses all the things Hart cares about most. - The Paper Chase (novel)
- Upon returning home, Hjalmar is aloof from his wife and daughter. - The Wild Duck
- Napoleon likes to make up stories about himself whilst having a sullen and aloof attitude. - Napoleon Dynamite
- The quieter Maris is viewed as an outsider, aloof and unworthy. - 61*
- Twelve years later, Jim has grown into an aloof and isolated teenager. - Treasure Planet
- Again, Törless is aloof and more intrigued than excited by the woman. - Young Törless
- He later learns the stag is called the "Old Prince," the oldest and largest stag in the forest who is known for his cunning and aloof nature. - Bambi, a Life in the Woods
- By acting aloof she attracts Rocky, whom she invites to dinner. - Love with the Proper Stranger
- They're also concerned that Smitty might be a German spy because he's so aloof and secretive. - The Long Voyage Home
Meaning of "aloof" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "aloof" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "aloof" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "aloof"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word aloof below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.