How to use "although" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "although" in popular movie and book plots
- Afterwards, Harvey is probably reunited with his parents, although the story ends before then. - Between Planets
- Byam, although not one of the mutineers, remains with the Bounty after the mutiny. - Mutiny on the Bounty (novel)
- Two are shot dead, but United States Navy Commander Shears (William Holden), gets away, although badly wounded. - The Bridge on the River Kwai
- He does not want to burden Wilma with his handicap so he eventually pushes her away, although she still wants to marry him. - The Best Years of Our Lives
- Joseph begins to idolize his father and believes he is a superhero, although David still maintains he is "an ordinary man". - Unbreakable (film)
- He is eventually found lying on his floor at home, although he insists that he "just needs a bit of help getting up". - The Straight Story
- His schemes lead to the dismissals of the incumbent Number Two on two occasions, although he never escapes. - The Prisoner
- Both mr Robinson and Benjamin’s parents encourage him to call on Elaine although mrs Robinson makes her disapproval clear. - The Graduate
- Wintermute's nature is finally revealed—it is one-half of a super-AI entity planned by the family, although its exact purpose is unknown. - Neuromancer
- They encounter Largo at the store, who explains what went wrong, although no one knows what he means until Piro comes in and translates. - Megatokyo
- When Marlow visits her, she is dressed in black and still deep in mourning, although it has been more than a year since Kurtz's death. - Heart of Darkness
- Godzilla comes to the rescue, although it is outmatched by the two titans. - Terror of Mechagodzilla
- Sally is bitter and has never been happy with Buddy, although he has always adored her. - Follies
- She later claims to have been punctured in her breast, although no wound was found. - Carmilla
- A ruined cathedral remains unused, although some elderly people occasionally stand in front of it and sing incompletely remembered hymns. - The Big O
- Jeffrey again visits Dorothy's apartment and she tells him that although she knows nothing about him, she has been yearning for him. - Blue Velvet (film)
Meaning of "although" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "although" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "although" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "although"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word although below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.