How to use "altitude" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "altitude" in popular movie and book plots
- The chamber technician quickly increases the simulated altitude to 38,000 feet, enabling Dan to feel more comfortable. - First Man into Space
- However, Matt is forced to descend when the rest of the crew members are stricken with altitude sickness. - Skybreaker
- China is also found to be responsible for a high altitude nuclear weapon that Pakistan set off. - The Return (Aldrin and Barnes novel)
- increasing altitude or colder climate)The basic reason why SFC increases with flight speed is the implied increase in ram drag. - Jet engine performance
- On 11 September 1948, the ailing Jinnah's plane lands at Karachi Airport from Quetta where he was retreating at higher altitude in Ziarat. - Jinnah (film)
- To create the rarefied atmosphere on Mars, the Map of Mars was built to an altitude above the main Ringworld surface, creating a cavity. - The Ringworld Engineers
- However, the aircraft was at a low altitude thus it had not affected them as badly. - Miracle Landing
- Using the last of his strength, Captain Stacey is able to engage the autopilot and the altitude hold switch before losing consciousness. - Airport 1975
- In the struggle that follows, the Dwarf's hat (which functions as an altitude compensator), is taken by Twigleg. - Dragon Rider (novel)
- Geoff plans to fly a new Ford Trimotor over the mountains at an altitude of 17,000 feet. - Only Angels Have Wings
- To gain altitude more quickly, the airship commander (Carl von Haartman) orders everything possible be jettisoned. - Hell's Angels (film)
- The Miss Riley reaches an altitude of higher than the summit of Mount Everest. - October Sky
- Boerth nearly falls overboard when the ship loses altitude and Captain Pruss makes the decision to increase speed and altitude. - The Hindenburg (film)
- The ship loses altitude and Tails, Amy, and Gamma flee. - Sonic Adventure
- This requires the drop altitude to be reduced to. - The Dam Busters (film)
- Central Daylight Time, when a large-yield nuclear weapon air bursts at high altitude over Kansas City, Missouri. - The Day After
Meaning of "altitude" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "altitude" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "altitude" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "altitude"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word altitude below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.