How to use "amateur" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "amateur" in popular movie and book plots
- Laurence is an amateur scientist whose marconiscope has intercepted a signal from Mars. - Pyramids of Mars
- The Third Policeman is set in rural Ireland and is narrated by a dedicated amateur scholar of de Selby, a scientist and philosopher. - The Third Policeman
- At school, a wealthy schoolmate of Kiat Kun's named Tan Beng Soon (Joshua Ang) runs an amateur football team with his friends. - Homerun (film)
- In Tempest-Tost an amateur theatrical group sets about mounting a production of Shakespeare's The Tempest. - Tempest-Tost
- Barbara is imprisoned in the Kesslers' basement, where she proves a handful to the amateur kidnappers. - Ruthless People
- Maggie and Dick take over Embryo Concepts, which is being run by the shy bookshop clerk and amateur philosopher, Jo Stockton (Audrey Hepburn). - Funny Face
- Louis then targets Henry D'Ascoyne, a keen amateur photographer. - Kind Hearts and Coronets
- Jackie Chan, an amateur archeologist, enjoyed his job working for the local university until fate dealt him another hand. - Jackie Chan Adventures
- They enlist one of the hospital workers, an amateur photographer named Lawrence, to help them with the concept. - Calendar Girls
- An amateur ornithologist dismisses the reports as fanciful and argues with Melanie over them. - The Birds (film)
- ALF is an alien from the planet Melmac who follows an amateur radio signal to Earth and crash-lands into the garage of the Tanners. - ALF (TV series)
- Alice then reveals to Pete that mr Eddy is actually an amateur porn producer named Dick Laurent. - Lost Highway (film)
- In 1934, Christopher "Chris" Cross (Edward Robinson), a meek amateur painter and cashier for clothing retailer,J. - Scarlet Street
- A bounty is then placed on the shark, resulting in an amateur shark-hunting frenzy. - Jaws (film)
- They pull off some holdups, but their amateur efforts, while exciting, are not very lucrative. - Bonnie and Clyde (film)
- Ed is an amateur printer who prints any phrase that sounds catchy. - You Can't Take It with You (play)
Meaning of "amateur" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "amateur" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "amateur" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "amateur"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word amateur below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.