How to use "ambition" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "ambition" in popular movie and book plots
- When he was a child, his adoptive father told him how he had failed at his life ambition to become a "Hero of Justice". - Fate/stay night
- Toward the end of the novel, he gives up on his original ambition of writing a complete biography of his grandmother. - Angle of Repose
- Landon apologizes to the Reverend that Jamie did not witness a miracle (an ambition she expressed in the class yearbook). - A Walk to Remember
- She summons him, hoping he will abandon his ambition in return for his life (which she is eager to grant). - The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex
- After bribing Frankie Needles, Scotty infiltrates the CMB due in part to Gee Money's increasing ambition and drug use. - New Jack City
- Willy's ambition is to qualify for the national "Nintari" (a portmanteau of Nintendo and Atari) competition. - The Adventures of Willy Beamish
- When his ambition to become the best trainer in Unova gets the better of him, he causes a scene by screaming out his dream with his Pokémon. - Pokémon Adventures
- Spurred by her husband Lot's ambition and her own, Morgause tricks Morgaine into allowing her to rear her son. - The Mists of Avalon
- She has proposals of marriage and secret lovers, ambition and optimism, but then her life is turned upside down once more by wartime deaths. - Diary of an Ordinary Woman
- Ned and Thomas do not like each other, and Ned's fear of his brother's ambition grows with each of Thomas's naval triumphs. - Young Bess
- Eventually, Fairbanks fulfills the ambition his father had for him. - The Barker
- Exley's ambition is fueled by the murder of his father, killed by an unknown assailant, whom Exley nicknames "Rollo Tomasi". - L.A. Confidential (film)
- His ambition is clear: he wants a Howard on the throne of England. - The Six Wives of Henry VIII (BBC TV series)
- He lives without financial ambition and the need for a 'good job,' but his living conditions are uncomfortable and his job is boring. - Keep the Aspidistra Flying
- Mary, however, is not impressed and instead remains focused on her ambition to become a partner at the wedding company she works for. - The Wedding Planner
- Claris is a talented singer and her ambition is to perform on stage. - Nights into Dreams
Meaning of "ambition" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "ambition" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "ambition" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "ambition"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word ambition below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.