How to use "ambivalent" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "ambivalent" in popular movie and book plots
- Tom grew up with an ambivalent mother and was never fully accepted by his family. - Tripoint (novel)
- Moran is ambivalent about the touching and other sexual acts. - The Tricky Part
- Myung-Soo persuades Hyuk-Chul to help by tapping into Hyuk-Chul's own ambivalent feelings toward Ryun-Hwa and Yoduk. - Yoduk Story
- Bilal is ambivalent about accepting Samis’s offer to visit him in Paris. - Changing Times (film)
- Within him, he frequently compares Paro and Chandramukhi, remaining ambivalent as to whom he really loves. - Devdas (1955 film)
- She is ambivalent about losing her virginity that night, willing the next, and determined by the third. - 36 Fillette
- As the invaders systematically loot and destroy Abel's family's ancestral home, Abel seems ambivalent to what is happening. - A Song of Stone
- Diadorim is a young, pleasant and ambivalent fellow jagunço. - The Devil to Pay in the Backlands
- Wulfgar was ambivalent when he saw that his teacher was a drow, but quickly came to respect and admire the dark elf. - The Crystal Shard
- Sir Charles has grown enamored of Dala and is ambivalent about carrying out the heist. - The Pink Panther (1963 film)
- Despite these events, Mr Humphries continues to be rather ambivalent to the idea of a relationship with anyone. - Grace & Favour
- Although Paul is ambivalent at first, he agrees to run, much to Tracy's consternation. - Election (1999 film)
- The novel is told from the point of view of Gilgamesh, and is primarily ambivalent about the supernatural elements of the epic. - Gilgamesh the King
- The love affair is ecstatic at first, but Léon grows bored with Emma's emotional excesses, and Emma grows ambivalent about Léon. - Madame Bovary
- She appears ambivalent about her decision. - The Umbrellas of Cherbourg
- Cinderella explains that it was a nice ball ("A Very Nice Prince") but seems fairly ambivalent about the experience. - Into the Woods
Meaning of "ambivalent" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "ambivalent" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "ambivalent" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "ambivalent"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word ambivalent below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.