How to use "amiable" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "amiable" in popular movie and book plots
- The amiable Richard, who is still guilty over his role in his brother's social ruin, refuses. - The Black Moth
- The sole occupant of the inn is its proprietor, mr Bartel, an amiable old man who lives there as a hermit of sorts. - Calvaire (film)
- She meets an amiable French girl named Hortense and the two quickly become friends. - Calico Captive
- Helen becomes ill and Bobby, an amiable small-time drug dealer to whom Marco owes money, shows unexpected gentleness and concern for Helen. - The Panic in Needle Park
- Nevertheless, he hits it off with the amiable Spencer; both find themselves to be the most level-headed soldiers in their squad. - Southern Comfort (1981 film)
- He shares a cordial and amiable relation with his son. - Kireedam (1989 film)
- He falls and lands on the back of an initially frightening but amiable sea serpent. - Dragon Rider (novel)
- Homer captures Molloy at the retirement home, and the surprisingly amiable cat burglar returns the objects he stole. - Homer the Vigilante
- Madison's job as a dog robber is to keep his boss and other high-ranking officers supplied with luxury goods and amiable Englishwomen. - The Americanization of Emily
- Arturo finds Raquel's father is amiable but her mother is clearly not. - Destinos
- Jiff is kind, amiable and rather clueless. - Bowfinger
- It is revealed that as she was trying to make herself amiable in William's eyes, Mlle. - The Professor (novel)
- It is here that Paul is befriended by a fellow pupil, the amiable but weak-minded Mr Toots. - Dombey and Son
- Maturin stays with his patient, and works with dr Evans, the amiable ship's surgeon. - The Fortune of War
- The two men are watched over by Calvin Murks, the millionaires' tough but amiable hired man. - The Music of Chance
- Mrs Boyle complains about everything; Metcalf is an amiable ex-military man. - The Mousetrap
Meaning of "amiable" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "amiable" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "amiable" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "amiable"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word amiable below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.