How to use "amiss" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "amiss" in popular movie and book plots
- The pilot, Captain Jack Russel, realises something is amiss when he finds his navigator dead in the cargo hold. - Tail Sting
- She realizes something is amiss only when, a few days later, she is chased by unidentified men who try to eliminate her. - Anukokunda Oka Roju
- The police now suspect something is amiss and advise Ellen and Althea to check into a hotel, but they refuse. - Bad Ronald
- Sam begins to suspect that something is amiss when he runs into Manners, who agrees to an alliance in order to stop Jack Frost. - Jack Frost 2: Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman
- Takumi suspects something amiss about her. - Initial D (film)
- " The mother realizes Betsy is trying to warn her that something is amiss between her daughter and her ex-husband. - An American Haunting
- Just like them, Betsy understood that something was amiss with her, but she couldn’t bring herself to talk with anyone about her concerns. - Crimson Dawn
- He questions Madame Hervé and her brother, but can find nothing amiss in their story. - So Long at the Fair
- Tachy-Security monitoring has detected something amiss with the Durant embryo cutting. - The Eyes of Heisenberg
- Masako suspects something is amiss but is reluctant to confront her husband. - Early Spring (1956 film)
- Paterson denies anything amiss has taken place, falling back on his "survival of the fittest" mantras and his self-defence classes. - Survival (Doctor Who)
- Doc notices something is amiss when George quickly achieves a checkmate in their chess game. - Phenomenon (film)
- The children realize something is amiss and use Justice Strauss's library to research law. - The Bad Beginning
- However, something goes amiss at the T-Mat vital relay station on the Moon and the system breaks down. - The Seeds of Death
- In the mirror universe, the group realises something is amiss as they walk off the transporter pad. - Mirror, Mirror (Star Trek: The Original Series)
- Something is amiss in the mining village of Killingworth, in 19th-century England. - The Mark of the Rani
Meaning of "amiss" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "amiss" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "amiss" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "amiss"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word amiss below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.