How to use "amnesty" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "amnesty" in popular movie and book plots
- Freed in an amnesty following the death of King Ferdinand of Spain, Oliver makes his way to Buenos Aires. - The Green Child
- Cary takes credit for Plutonian's defeat and offers amnesty to super-villains that join the Paradigm to help rebuild the Earth. - Irredeemable
- Upon returning to society, they read in the newspaper that they are scheduled to be pardoned under a special amnesty on the very next day. - Jail Breakers
- His violent actions endanger his surviving friends and the territorial amnesty proclaimed by New Mexico Territory governor Lew Wallace. - The Left Handed Gun
- The bones are found and dug from the ground; Mpondo decides to allow amnesty as the whole truth has been said. - Red Dust (2004 film)
- Apart from money, Blofeld demands amnesty for all past crimes and to be recognised as Count de Bleuchamp. - On Her Majesty's Secret Service (film)
- After the war, there was an unofficial amnesty for those released convicts who had been maquisards. - To Catch a Thief (novel)
- Apollo offers Phelan amnesty if he will release Shevon and Paya and shut down his operation. - Black Market (Battlestar Galactica)
- Government grants a general amnesty to all alleged deserters from the Army who left during the Civil War. - How the West Was Won (TV series)
- Naomi Kimishima" and granted amnesty in Europe, along with another doctor called Owen. - Trauma Center: Under the Knife
- He finds out that a general amnesty has been issued and he is free to return home. - Planet of Fire
- They are unable to get an amnesty for the execution of Scott, however. - Louis Riel (comics)
- Through personal intervention of Martin Luther an amnesty is arranged, whereby the Elector of Saxony approves the suit against the Squire. - Michael Kohlhaas
- The Ska wish King Gax to appoint a Ska successor to his throne, in return for which the Ska promise amnesty for the inhabitants of Xounges. - Lyonesse Trilogy
- After defeating the imperial army in a great battle at Liangshan Marsh, the outlaws eventually receive amnesty from Emperor Huizong. - Water Margin
- A restricted amnesty was declared, and the country prepared for democratic elections. - Hugo Banzer
Meaning of "amnesty" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "amnesty" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "amnesty" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "amnesty"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word amnesty below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.