How to use "amount" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "amount" in popular movie and book plots
- Marvin is left stranded here for this incredibly vast amount of time parking diners' spaceships while waiting for the humans to return. - The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
- There's also a fair amount of action in the episodes where the crew of the starship fight alien predators. - Andromeda (novel)
- Even though he still paid her the right amount for her time, she returns with her pimp Maurice and demands more money. - The Catcher in the Rye
- He is unable to help them with their project, but does give them a small amount of money to tide them over. - Come to the Stable
- It has no value, but he buys it for a small amount out of pity. - The Man in the Bottle
- He removes that amount to split with Gaear, then buries the rest, intending to recover it later and keep it for himself. - Fargo (film)
- The school was overcrowded, and he cannot continue on the small amount offered to blacks for education by the state. - Within Our Gates
- Joe decides not to write the story, despite the considerable amount of money riding on it. - Roman Holiday
- To get arrested again, he eats an enormous amount of food at a cafeteria without paying. - Modern Times (film)
- Walter again demands cash from his father (the amount has now risen to $350) without explaining why he needs it, and is again rebuffed. - Alice Adams (novel)
- It is revealed that her mother left her a large amount of cash, and Bren and Tony use the money to move to Scotland. - Dinnerladies (TV series)
- Roger immediately sneaks off to join Jack, and slowly an increasing amount of older boys abandon Ralph to join Jack's tribe. - Lord of the Flies
- In the end, the guerrillas destroy a large amount of Soviet equipment. - The Cardinal of the Kremlin
- To help the woman remember her identity, Betty looks in Rita's purse, where she finds a large amount of money and an unusual blue key. - Mulholland Drive (film)
- Bill goes to a costume shop and offers the owner, mr Milich, a generous amount of money to rent a costume. - Eyes Wide Shut
- The price paid was half the amount of the 6,250 m² Admiralty II plot, for which the MTR Corporation paid HK$182 billion in cash. - Bank of China Tower (Hong Kong)
Meaning of "amount" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "amount" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "amount" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "amount"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word amount below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.