How to use "anathema" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "anathema" in popular movie and book plots
- At a tribunal, he is told Catholic doctrine is anathema to Japan. - Silence (2016 film)
- Hoji explains that the Nobitsura Kage, as the sword is called, is capable of slaying immortals and is anathema to demons. - Shadow Warrior (2013 video game)
- The opera apparently has magical powers, anathema to fascists and dictators. - Women and Men
- The Senate grows increasingly discontented amid rumors that Caesar wishes to be made king, which is anathema to the Romans. - Cleopatra (1963 film)
- Having a son is anathema in her female-only community. - Demon (novel)
- Azriel recognizes him as Khanan, and summons the rabbincal court to place an anathema upon him. - The Dybbuk
Meaning of "anathema" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "anathema" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "anathema" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "anathema"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word anathema below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.