How to use "animosity" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "animosity" in popular movie and book plots
- The new nurse is a man named Lemuel, and there is an animosity between the two. - Malone Dies
- There is a brief moment of animosity between Gautham and Ashok and it is clear that both the half-brothers hate each other. - Agni Natchathiram
- In an effort to dispel the simmering animosity between them and their neighbors, Sally and Joe have invited the Roses as well. - The Anniversary Party
- Gertrude's resentment of Viola bears a strong resemblance to Viola's feelings of animosity toward Charlie. - Monster-in-Law
- At the same time, Tucker faces animosity from the Big Three and the authorities led by Michigan Senator Homer Ferguson. - Tucker: The Man and His Dream
- She describes Igby's conception as an act of animosity and it shouldn't be a surprise that his life follows the same course. - Igby Goes Down
- Jess goes so far as to spread rumours about Alex during the trip, leaving an air of animosity between the two of them. - First Daughter (1999 film)
- Thirty years later, in 1905 in rural Guipúzcoa, a lingering animosity has continued between the Mendiluze and Iriguíbel families. - Vacas
- The two women share a heated exchange in which their mutual animosity is revealed. - Closer (play)
- Harboring animosity for Sayuri, Pumpkin deliberately brings the Chairman instead of Nobu to catch her with the Minsiter. - Memoirs of a Geisha
- Despite some animosity between them, Annie and Crash work, in their own ways, to shape Ebby into a big-league pitcher. - Bull Durham
- Off stage, Charlie romances Cathy, which creates animosity with Joe. - Roustabout (film)
- At the local bowling alley, a game ("Score Tonight") turns sour due to the animosity between Johnny and Stephanie. - Grease 2
- The animosity of the older generation—Fulgencio and Gloria Capulet and Ted and Caroline Montague—is felt by their younger relatives. - Romeo + Juliet
- During the later years of their 43-year run, animosity between the partners grew to the point where they ceased to speak with each other. - The Sunshine Boys
- Meeting Maturin in the street the next day, Aubrey's joy overcomes his animosity and he invites Maturin to dine. - Master and Commander
Meaning of "animosity" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "animosity" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "animosity" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "animosity"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word animosity below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.