How to use "antebellum" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "antebellum" in popular movie and book plots
- Successive admirers arrive at their small, but tasteful apartment in an antebellum house, but Sabina shows no interest in any of them. - Reverse (film)
- Désirée is the adopted daughter of Monsieur and Madame Valmondé, who are wealthy French Creoles in antebellum Louisiana. - Désirée’s Baby
- Dixiana Caldwell and her friends, Peewee and Ginger, are circus performers in the antebellum South. - Dixiana (film)
- Mona wants to travel to Mississippi to see her girlhood antebellum home. - Town & Country (film)
- Emily is a member of a family in the antebellum Southern aristocracy; after the Civil War, the family has fallen on hard times. - A Rose for Emily
Meaning of "antebellum" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "antebellum" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "antebellum" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "antebellum"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word antebellum below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.